Health & Safety
Allspan (UK) Ltd is a registered member of MUTA, the governing body for Marquee Companies within the UK, and we follow its Code of Practice for Health and Safety.
Structures (frame & covers)
– All structures must conform to wind loading stipulations
– Special care is taken to heat structures in winter to prevent snow loading
– Materials used in construction are Fire Retardant to current British Standards
– PVC flammability testing to: BS7837
– Structural steelwork: BS5950
– Structural aluminum: BS8118
– Wind loading: BS6399
The code also covers additional equipment supplied including flooring, heating, linings, furniture and lighting
– Interior Linings flammability testing to: BS5867
– All electrical equipment is Portable Appliance Tested (PAT tested) annually
Risk Assessment/Method Statements
Allspan (UK) Ltd has a general Risk Assessment and Method Statement document within its Health and Safety policy. However, we appreciate that no two jobs are the same, so individual site specific Risk Assessment documents are drawn up for each venue.
When working with structures at events there are a number of guidelines which are followed to reduce risk and help improve safety. These are as follows:
– Structures should be properly maintained whilst in service to ensure their structural trustworthiness in windy/inclement conditions
– Work should be carried out in accordance with previously agreed plans
– Structures should have good exits in case of an emergency evacuation
Adequate anchoring should be carried out and regularly inspected
Ensure any underground services are identified in advance (eg gas/electric/water etc) and the appropriate action taken
The structure should not be interfered with in any way, without prior consultation with us. In particular:
– the structure should not be moved
– Exit positions
– Wall bracing
– Anchoring points
– Removal of walls
– Additional loading on roof rafters
– Introduction of flammable materials
– Flooring and staging systems
– Electrical and mechanical equipment
Allspan (UK) Ltd is committed to minimising the impact of our activities on the environment and we understand our responsibilities. The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating all operations and ensuring that they are as efficient as possible at all times.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet vehicles and the source of any power requirements.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote, where possible, product ranges to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed the environmental legislation that relates to Allspan (UK) Ltd.
- Use an accredited program to offset any greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.